Aug 1, 2007

Seeking Suggestions



I'm currently reading an excellent book, The Power of One, by Bryce Courtenay. It's really very good. It draws me in and makes me very sad when my ferry ride is over and I have to put it aside until the evening.

The interesting thing about this book is that, without the recommendation from a good friend, I would probably have overlooked it. The title sounds a bit too "personal-inspiration" story to make me pick it out of a crowd; the description (on the edition that I purchased) displays boxing gloves - I'm not a huge reader of sports stories - and in fact, despite the recommendation, I passed it by several times on trips to Borders.

Which just goes to show, sometimes my "book-sniffer" fails.

So with that in mind, any elusive readers of my blog, I'd love to get your suggestions. What are two or three of your favorite books? perhaps something outside of my usual silos of historical fiction, current affairs, and YA fiction/fantasy. Although I'd welcome any suggestions, of course. I won't ask for your ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK because I know how much I personally hate that question. But just to open it up - what should be next on my TBR list? (to be read)

Thanks in advance for any responses :-)

Please leave a comment!

Post a Comment

Sell Used Books Online - Quick Cash, Free Shipping, Free Quotes!

A Pilgrimage in Books © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO  

ss_blog_claim=15a25e35c1fe1ba686857526df22c52b ss_blog_claim=15a25e35c1fe1ba686857526df22c52b